Pat understands Web writing is different from other published formats. From chunking content to including hyperlinks and being mindful of SEO, Web writing it its own specialty. Her work for NursingConsult.com, writing evidence-based summaries, was recognized with an Award of Excellence in Medical Writing from the New England Chapter of the American Medical Writers Association.
Additional Web Writing
- CTZebras.com a site for persons with primary immune deficiency, parents/caregivers and those who love them. The goal of the site is to provide content helpful for managing the disease, as well as resources and information specific to the state of Connecticut. My goal is also to build community to reduce isolation among this population.
- ChestDrainU.com a site for nurses who care for patients that require chest drainage. This site began as an independently funded educational site for a particular chest drain company. When they decided to end funding, I have maintained it so nurses continue to have these resources.
- Pat Carroll’s Career Column (weekly column on the former nurses.com)
- Manager’s Roundtable (weekly column on the former nurses.com)
- NursingConsult.com, a site of evidence-based guides for nursing practice
- PDxMD, changed to FirstConsult, a site of evidence-based guides for medical practice: both disease monographs and procedures
- Lifemasters Online: a Web site designed as a patient education companion to a special home health program designed to empower patients and provide them with tools to identify subtle condition changes that could be treated before an emergency visit was required.